The process of piano tuning is done to maintain the harmonious tones of the piano. So that you may not face any challenging situations while using it for personal satisfaction. Or during live performance if you’re a professional pianist. Tuning of the piano can also increase the life of your piano. But there’s one important thing which you must know about pianos. Which is that “Are there different types of piano tuning for different types of music to be played?”. Because it is crucial to have good knowledge about every single detail about pianos if you’re a pianist.
Are There Different Types Of Piano Tuning For Different Types Of Music To Be Played?:
You can easily maintain the tone and frequency of the strings and keys of the piano through piano tuning. Piano tuning does not involve tuning the piano according to different types of music. But you can fix different types of requirements regarding the tuning of the piano. Some methods of “Are there different types of piano tuning for different types of music to be played” are discussed. Below is the detail of these methods.
- 12-Tone Equal Temperament:
The first and main important type of piano tuning method is 12-tone equal temperament. In equal temperament, the octave is divided into 12 equal parts. Through this, all the keys are properly played with the right intervals. The 12-tone equal temperament piano tuning is suitable for different types of music genres.
- Circular Temperament:
The second type of piano tuning method is circular temperament. This type of method was used in the past but if pianists want to do this type of tuning. They can tell their requirements to the piano tuner. Then he will tune the piano according to this method. However, due to the introduction of the 12-tone equal temperament method. The use of this method has been reduced. This method is used to provide an apparent tone to the keys.
- Personalized Or Custom Tuning:
The third type of piano tuning method is personalized or custom tuning. The demand for this type of tuning is not very much. But this method is a little different from the 12-tone equal temperament method. The use of old or classical tones is required from this method.
- Stretch Tuning:
The fourth type of piano tuning method is stretch tuning. This method is done to ensure clear and bold musical tones from the piano.
But you should know that every one of these 4 piano tuning methods is important. However, due to the demand for the 12-tone equal temperament method. It is commonly used as compared with the other piano tuning methods.
How Often Should You Tune A Piano?:
Now that you’ve learned about “Are there different types of piano tuning for different types of music to be played”. It is time to know that the need for piano tuning can arise due to different reasons.
- If you have a new piano then it is very important to tune it thrice or four times a year. Because the components of the piano need to adjust properly with the environment. For the better working of your new piano, tuning it from time to time is very important.
- For an old piano, tuning of the piano is recommended twice a year. And if you’re low on budget, you should tune it once a year.
- If you have moved your piano to a new place. Due to the new environment, your piano can show signs of piano tuning in the locations of New York and New Jersey.
- Once you are moved properly and your piano is in this particular environment for some day. Then you should do the tuning procedure. If you do the piano tuning too quickly. It can lead to requiring piano tuning and improper working of your piano.
- If different types of heavy items are stuck in the inner part of the piano. It can also become a source of piano tuning.
- If your piano is old and you daily basis, then the need for piano tuning arises.
Are there different types of piano tuning for different types of music to be played? Must have a proper and satisfying answer for the pianists. Because they love to keep their piano up-to-date and well-maintained. Piano tuning is an essential procedure that you should not ignore at any cost. There are 4 main types of piano tuning methods. There is no specific piano tuning method for different types of music genres but through these piano tuning methods. You can enhance the working of your piano.